Thursday, October 16, 2008

More like GERMany

Hi Guys! A 'hearty welcome' back to me, Jesse, who hasn't updated in so long that you all have probably forgotten about him or maybe think he's dead or something.
Well, I'm not dead, but I'm close. Not in one way, but in two (A personal best!). Not only have I been without internet for nearly a week (functionally dead), I have a bad cold or flu or something since I've been back in Germany.
Back in Gerany? I'm getting ahead of myself, let me talk about my last days in Scotland.
After Loch Ness I traveled east, all the way to Aberdeen (where all these pictures are from).
I said once that the trip kind of went down hill but I'm not sure that that's fair.
We were staying with a friend and our accommodations, while generously provided, were on the floor of her small bedroom in her apartment style dorm which had 5 other people living in it.
We literally made a bed out of clothing every night and slept on that. And roommates, while nice enough, all smoked, all the time. I'm not a whiner about smokers or anything- my dad smoked when I was a kid, my longest-term girlfriend did too.
But these people just never stopped. They were Italian is what it was. This meant also that they were not familiar with the concept of talking quietly. Or rather, in any volume other than loud shouting.
Needless to say it just wasn't the same as being able to travel about at will, seeing the countryside and with it's many castles and sheep and staying in exotic and cheap youth hostels in tucked into quiet corners of the landscape.
We did do some nice things there though, the most impressive being a castle I will show you tomorrow.
So where have I been? Well, after Aberdeen we traveled to Ireland where we did many exciting and blog-able things. Blogs will be forthcoming.
After that it was back to stuffy, old Germany. I'm now living in a place called Konstanz, but I'm also sick, like I said, so I haven't taken any good pictures yet. Thanks guys, for following my blog through these hard times. Lets do our best together to make this blog great.

No comments: