Friday, October 17, 2008

A Day at the Beach, Scottish Style

Hmm, this doesn't look suspicious.. Yes, let's all go to 'fun beach'. It sounds fun.
Well, more like bitingly cold beach. But at least it's pretty.
I've started to look at physically unpleasant experiences with a new kind of optimism and determination. "At least I will get some good bloggin' pictures out of this" I think.
Hey! Did you know that Scotland is the EU's energy capital? That means they do a lot of oil drilling off shore-there. Even if that water wouldn't freeze me instantly to death I don't think I'd go into it. Actually, according to V this too is BS- the real answer is Iceland, which they apparently aren't counting. Bunch of cowards, afraid of Iceland... It's really quite green... unlike it's larger, icier neighbor...
Here Karol is explaining to me why exactly this is a "fun beach". Something to do with 1682 and some long forgotten social movement I think...
But what's this? Some kind of building half-submerged... No really, we have no idea. A bunker maybe?
A quick lesson in ecology (the forgotten science). The reason the Scottish beach is so wide here is because they've preserved the sea grasses that keep winds from eroding it away. This is why most Florida beaches are rather narrow and/or have artificial sand shipped in from elsewhere. This blog is about FUN FACTS!
But what's this they've done instead?
Why they've built a golf course right next to the ocean. The Scottish aparantly love this pseudo-sport. College kids sit around watching it like it was football or futbol or whatever real sports you all watch in America. Wow was it cold here.
In case you haven't yet looked at enough sea grass. If I were a manatee I'd be in heaven right now (That's not the kind of sea grass we like, it doesn't work like that! [shut up manatee, I'm writin' a blog!])
Anyway, it's time to go, can't feel my fingers anymore.
You know, with a view like this, it's almost enough to get me interested in golf...

..nah, not really.

What a bad sport.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi this is best friend rich from florida. i read your blog! it's bookmarked in my "etc." folder, between jayisgames.com and that wordy comic i like with the drawings of pretty girls (it's called subnormality). just letting you know. i click it sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog aaaall the time, but i get mad at you because you never really respond to my comments or answer my questions. The pictures are nice though.

Jesse K said...

Aaah, people commenting! This is so rare that I have no idea how to deal with it!

-Quickly deletes entire blog-

veloner said...

told you several times you should reply to your friends' comments. now that's what you get.
ps. blog's still here, u a l-i-a-r
<3