Thursday, October 9, 2008

Isle of Skye: GOOD name for a place or BEST name?

This is a blog entry about the Isle of Skye, a little island off the northwest coast of Scotland.
It's a completely amazing place, with breathtaking landscape abounding. I mean, you really have to look at the pictures on this one.
That's right, for once my clever commentary will not be enough!
This is some famous geological feature, it's really enormous. That road has a 30 degree incline.

This is my favorite place in Scotland, hands down. It's just so empty and huge.There's a person in this picture- that's how big it is.
This is another geological feature, this one has a name I remember- The Old Man of Stor. Throw some extra e's on there and you've got a real Scottish sounding name. Olde Man ofe Store.
Again, there are plenty of impressive rivers and waterfalls. And it lives up to it's name by having some magnificent sky(e)s. Maybe this was just luck, who knows.
A view from The Stor, that old man from before. I am standing on top of him here.
The weather is a fickle friend on the Isle of Skye, in about the space of 10 minutes we had sunlight, clouds, light rain, fog, and hail (yes hail!)
Isle of Skye, I'll miss you.

But who cares about that old stuff- I'm in Ireland now! I don't really know how to handle this- I've got more things to write about Scotland but I'm somewhere else more exciting (to be honest, Scotland went a bit downhill after this and the next day).

Maybe I'll have time to catch you all up when I'm back in boring, stuffy, continental Europe again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to know why scotland went downhill, you can't put that and leave me hanging. It all looks pretty but desolate, I'm not sure how much I would like that. Is it really cold there now? Seems like it would be.