Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hypothesis: It's not one large monster, but rather a lot of small ones

Next place I went was Loch Ness, home of the famous monster. No, I didn't see her, but I did learn a fascinating amount about just how much work has gone into proving her (non)existence.
Regardless, I want to believe, hence my theory of pygmy-loch-ness-monsters. If you imagine them right they're very cute. Disprove that, Science!
But wait, Loch Ness has more than not-monsters, they have not-castles too!
This crappy castle is called Urquhart. It's lousy and in ruins. Can you believe they wanted me to pay like 10 pounds to walk around that mess? Jokes on them, I stood on the fence and took pictutres for free instead!
This is somewhere else that same day. To be exact it's at the site of bloodiest battle in all of Scottish history (I think the one from Braveheart). So what's this little hut? Beats me, this was on the coldest day I've experienced here so far and there was no way I was sticking around to read the plaque.
And look, another castle. What? You don't see it? Ok, well this was taken through a fence and it's in the background...

Look, ok, castles are generally a ripoff. I think this one wanted 15 pounds per person! This was justified by the fact that it was the castle, ostensibly, from Shakespeare's MacBeth. Yeah, whatever, I ain't no sucker.

Castle Count: 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe in nessie!