Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Velcome to Baden-Virtenberg

My adopted state for the last 2ish months.
Yeah, that's right, Germany has states. And I totally knew that before I got here. Baden Wirtenberg is Germany's southernmost, it's in the west. Bavaria is our neighbor to the east and to the north is some places no one's ever heard of.
The first place you're going to see and the first place I lived is Konstanz (or Constance).
It's right on the Swiss border and it's interesting for a few reasons, one of which is just that, the enormous eponymous lake which has a border in Austria, Switzerland, and of course good old Deutchland.
Of course it's got Alps surrounding it. On a clear day you can see them. This happened maybe twice and I guess I didn't have my camera. And it was fall while I was living here, that means pretty leaves even in dreary old Europe.

The other thing it has going for it is an interesting history and a few famous people that are from there, but I'll get to that later. The building below is from 1349 for example, older than all of America (except for native people which nobody counts anyway for some reason).
Let's face it, it's not berlin, got to maximize the blog entries I'm gonna get out of this place.
Welcome to Konstanz!

1 comment:

Jesse K said...

hey jesse t, if you're reading this I sent you a message over dusty ol' myspace.
hit me back dog