Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am SO happy about Barack Obama

I went to an election day party last night
It was so crowded that you couldn't even stand comfortably
It was nice to be part of the excitement though
I think the rest of the world (including Germany of course) is more excited about our president than we are. That's a good thing. I'm glad we didn't let them down this time.
I posted a video on YouTube of some German girls singing a song about Barack Obama. It is, of course, in German, so don't watch unless you have a high tolerance for pain and bad camera work.

Here it is (later, when it loads)

Congrats you guys, you really didn't screw this one up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay obama! I was driving around downtown when I found out...there was an outdoor election party and just as jon texted me that he won the crowd at the party started cheering and i knew why! People were literally dancing in the street! It was amazing and i know i'll never forget it :) Now I really hopes he lives up to it...

Jesse K said...

I really hope he lives period.

Jesse K said...

PS- lia you should do a blog so i can comment on it.

Anonymous said...

orrr you could just be better about responding to facebook messages and stuff!

Anonymous said...

it's a fear of mine something bad will happen to him :(

hopefully they'll keep him in a very protective bubble though!

Anonymous said...

2 Things:

Firstly, I'm really sorry I haven't talked to you in a while. I forgot what the address for your blog was, and only just found it in an old myspace message. I tried to txt u once or twice because UR MY BFF AND I MISS U!!!! It looks like you're having an awesome time in Germany, and I'm really jealous/happy for you/etc.

Secondly, people in America (or New York, at least) were way happy about Barack Obama. The night he won, there were parades in the streets while I was walking home. Not organized parades, mind you. Just random crowds of overjoyed strangers walking in tandem and making lots of noise. Then for about a week afterward, all you'd have to do to greet somebody is just pump your fist in the air and yell "Barakabama, WOOOO!!!!"

Oh my god, it's good to finally talk to you again. I'm going to take a minute and go read the rest of the entries I missed.

-Jesse Tombari