Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Long Awaited Return to this Disjointed Narrative

So, yeah, I went to my big counseling conference and I'm happy to say it's over. If you care I think it went pretty well, but I know you don't so I'll just not talk about it.
It's time for a return to what this once-proud blog was all about! What exactly was this blog about again?

Oh, right, this stuff.
Last time we left our hero (me, I'm our hero) he was in Ireland and had just gotten back from Belfast, capital of both Northern Ireland and the Dangerzone.

I don't remember if I told you this at the time or not but I had originally planned to go to a bunch of awesome stuff in Northern Ireland but ended up not being able to because public transportation sucks. Determined to not make the same mistake twice I rented a car for one day and set out to drive all the way across Ireland to Connemara national park.
Being the master of my destiny and drive of a rental car I was free to make all sorts of stops along the way. Since it took so long to get to Connemara the stops ended up being the actual trip anyway, which is always the way it is, isn't it?
First stop! Bridgette's Garden. I heartily recommend this place to anyone going to Ireland, it's just about an hour out of Dublin and it's totally worth it. In addition to a fancy sundial (the largest in the ____)
and a bunch of other cool stuff (I think this was called a faerie fortress or something equally lame)
they had 4 landscaped gardens, each representing one of the Celtic seasons.
In case you didn't know (what? you mean you really don't know the 4 Celtic seasons?) they are Samhain (winter) (if you think you know how to pronounce this you are wrong)
Imbolc (spring)
Beltane (summer)
and who could forget Lughnasanh (fall)?

I love things that have themes even though they don't need them, like gardens.
Overall A++, would meander through again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that goddess is called Brigid, J. also, it's about 3hrs west of Dublin. moreover, it has to be mentioned that the 3rd season is lughnasad(h), or in other contexts, lammas. come and comment on my latest entry, my homies don't seem to get that i moved the blogblog.