Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Wonderful Life of Peter Lenk

Peter Lenk, famous German sculptor.
I think it's safe to say that this guy singlehandedly makes Konstanz interesting. I think it's his hometown or something. Whatever the reason, they've decided to positively cover the town with his art.
It's a stange choice for a town that is still in many ways true to it's medieval roots.
He's got these statues all over Konstanz-
The town's main sqaure
The harbor
The old town
The middle of the lake
even in Meersberg.
He works in, at least, both bronze and stone
And his topics range from religious
to sexual
to political
They are pretty much everywhere and everyone just walks by them as if they weren't obscene at all.
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that Germans are usually so reserved, and yet this guy-
Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I really like this stuff. I mean, who wouldn't?

No comments: