Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Who's ready for another SCHLOSSSS?

Konstanz is no Berlin; it's a nice place to visit but it doesn't have all the big touristy things, the international culture, the museums and english language theaters. When I was there I was really just living there, not visiting. Consequently I had to get away from time to time.
On this particular day I took a ferry across the lake to Miersberg.
The other methods of transportation just weren't reasonable.
This was the place that V first lived when she moved to here from her sleepy industrial home town. Have to say I envy her, all I got was Storrs, Connecticut for my college experience.
But then again I do live in Florida, which is like paradise on earth to germans.
Miersberg is famous for basically the same reasons as Konstanz plus they make wine there *that is a wine place, above this text, I think.
So anyway, the other thing that this little town has is a schloss, the german word for castle, and I know that my castle count is very important to you guys. Here I am futily guessing at what number I am up to in front of it.
By the way, the castle count is at 9, but if I did this all in order and really counted all of them it's probably be at about 15. And to image I'd never seen a real castle before this whole thing.
V thinks I'll get sick of them eventually. Yeah, and she'll get sick of Florida eventually.
It just is going to take a little longer than 3 months when you've had your whole life without it.
I am already starting to miss Germany and I haven't even left yet

No comments: