Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Sounds of the City are Also for Me

Hi everyone. Today was an eventful day, went to Germany's famous Pergamon Museum of ancient history. They were having this terrific exhibition about Babylon (I learned a lot!). And yes, I realize the appropriateness of going to a museum exhibition that is largely concerning the collapse of a tower on

SEPTEMBER 11TH (never forget)

I will update about that some other time.

Today is just a bunch of city-life pictures since I am now living in a very urban area in Berlin.

That means, for one, lots of cool graffiti all over the place. I was eating brunch across the street from here at a cafe called "Buy You Happy", best Schoko-waffles in Berlin (based on my sample size of one(1) Schoko-Waffle).
This is the entry-way to my building
and this is the sign for the shop next door, they are a bike-rental place and repair place. Everyone rides bikes here.
Here's the front of a cemetery across from my tram stop.

The most impressive graffiti in the city, however, tends to be on the remains of the Berlin Wall, wherever they are found. The following images were taken at Mauer Park, which has, I believe the largest entact piece of the wall still standing in it's original place. It's become a cool hangout as well as the chosen canvas for graffiti artists of all kinds. The day I went there was this huge cool fleamarket and festival, of which I will upload pictures some other time. (Themes people, themes).


Am I the only one who can only think of

September 11th

on 9/11?

In Germany, obviously, it's not as big of a deal, but I remember last year 50 Cent and Kanye West were both releasing CDs on this day and I found it really tasteless. And when I hear something like "sign up by september 11th for bonus deals" or something, I don't know, it's just a little weird. So could we please stop using this date for things, in short.

No comments: