Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chapter 8- Nova Scotia and The End

 Hello blogfriends. This is the last update in my series about spending a month traveling across Canada by train. By the time I got here I had spent 200something hours on trains and was covered in bug bites, cuts, and bruises. I was also pretty sick. Truth be told, I pretty much limped across that finish line. Nova Scotia was a welcome respite. I spent about a week with my parents at their cabin on Church Lake, kinda just recovering. A lot of the striking images here are of the lake.
 Nova Scotia is a maritime province, its motto something like 'shaped by the sea'. Between the lakes, rivers, and frequent fog, even when you're not looking at the ocean it has a generally watery feel to it




 I also has an adorably old-fashioned rustic feel to it. It is low key, small scale, intimate. I actually think that talking a lot about Nova Scotia would be incorrect. It's not that things couldn't be said, but rather that quietness could say more. Does that make any sense? Who knows. Anyway, I think the pictures speak well about the place.
















So now I'm back from Canada. While the trip might not have given me everything that I wanted, it certainly gave me what I needed. Expect one more entry where I talk a little bit about trains and post some funny pictures.

No comments: